08, Dec 2021
Food is vital for living. A balanced diet plate must consist of a wide variety of nutritious ingredients. It is not the same for all. The type of food we eat totally depends upon our body type and our liking of food. Only the food that is enjoyed while eating will pave the way for good digestion.
1. Protein: A rich source of protein-containing food like fish, poultry, low-fat milk products, nuts and plant-based food such as tofu are all must include items. Protein limits the intake of calories. It suppresses hunger and helps maintain proper body weight.
2. Fiber: Opting for whole grains, barley, brown rice, and oats will keep you protected from heart diseases. Adding more fiber content to the diet reduces the risk of diabetes and other such complications. If the aim is to lower the intake of carbohydrates, low-carb fiber choices like cauliflower, broccoli, and wheat berries can also be taken.
3. Fats: One should never completely cut down on fats. Healthy fats like Omega 3 are crucial for the overall functioning of the body. Olive oil, nuts, avocado, and even dark chocolate are all a source of food with good fats.
4. Carbohydrate: Major energy source for the body lies in the carbs we eat. Non-refined carbohydrate forms present in the food like rice, bread, potatoes, fruits, and veggies should make two-third of the plate.
The above-mentioned nutrients fall under the category of Macronutrients. Other essential nutrients like calcium, iron, vitamin A, vitamin B12, vitamin E, and several more minerals play a huge part in a wholesome diet plan. Above all regular visiting of the family doctor and getting prescribed supplements for any kind of nutrient deficiency is advised.
1. Drinking adequate water will keep you from dehydration. Dehydration can cause problems in digestion and even will make the skin feel dry.
2. Including probiotics and food enriched in Iron is a must for ladies. Asking for an opinion with a female doctor to ensure the levels of zinc and iron in the blood will reduce the complications of Anemia.
3. Cutting down on sugar and processed foods itself will work wonders in sticking to a nutritious way of eating. One must also limit the salt intake.
4. Avoiding oily food can be followed by baking, poaching, or stewing the food instead of frying. Oily foods might cause heart ailments.
5. A family physician in Melbourne Florida, explains that physical activity is also important, along with food style, for being hale and fit in the long run.
6. Eating home-cooked food is definitely a healthy option. Staying away from foods brought often from outside can help in avoiding unnecessary calorie intake.
Overall, it is never a big task to eat and keep ourselves healthy. If you need a cure for deficiency diseases Dr. Suemitra from Melbourne, Florida is the one you should be visiting. Lead a nourishing and happy life!
Dr. Sue Mitra and her staff strive to offer their patients the best care, advice and services available in the medical field with the goal to keep patient healthy & happy.
Dr. Sue Mitra is board certified in international medicine. She is seen here with a Cologuard, which is a noninvasive colon cancer screening test. (Photo by: Tim Shortt/Florida Today)