18, Apr 2023
Primary Care Physician: A primary care physician (PCP) is a doctor who provides basic medical care to patients and is typically the first doctor a patient visits. The PCP typically coordinates care received from specialists and other health care professionals. They provide preventive care, diagnose and treat common medical conditions, and may refer patients to specialists for more complex medical issues.
1. Look for a primary care physician who is board-certified. This means the doctor has completed advanced training in their field and is up-to-date on current medical standards and practices.
2. Find a primary care physician who is accepting new patients.
3. Ask for referrals from friends and family who have a positive experience with their primary care physician.
4. Check online reviews to get an understanding of the physician’s bedside manner and how their office is managed.
5. Find out if the physician is part of your insurance network and if the services they provide are covered.
6. Consider the location and hours of the practice. Make sure it’s convenient for you.
7. Ask about the doctor’s training and experience, and if they have any special interests or areas of expertise.
8. Ask questions about the doctor’s approach to preventive care and chronic illness.
9. Find out how the practice communicates with patients, including phone or email access.
10. Determine how the practice deals with after-hours care and emergencies.
11. Ask if the practice uses electronic medical records.
12. Learn how the practice handles billing and other administrative issues.
13. Ask if the practice has a patient advocate or social worker on staff.
14. Determine if the physician is comfortable addressing mental health issues.
15. Find out if the physician is available for follow-up appointments and has a plan for continuing care.
Dr. Sue Mitra is a board-certified primary care physician in Melbourne, Florida. She has over 30 years of experience in providing comprehensive primary care services to patients of all ages. Dr. Mitra is accepting new patients and she is part of the insurance network. She has experience in preventive care, diagnosing and treating common medical conditions, and referring patients to specialists. Her practice is conveniently located and she is available for follow-up appointments and continuing care.
When choosing a primary care physician, it is important to consider a variety of factors. From the doctor's board-certification and experience to the practice's location, hours, and insurance coverage, there are many things to consider when selecting the best primary care physician for you. Dr. Sue Mitra is a board-certified primary care physician in Melbourne, Florida who provides comprehensive care and is accepting new patients. Her practice is conveniently located, has a patient advocate and social worker on staff, and is part of the insurance network. With her experience and commitment to providing quality care, Dr. Mitra is an excellent option for your primary care physician in Melbourne, Florida.
Dr. Sue Mitra and her staff strive to offer their patients the best care, advice and services available in the medical field with the goal to keep patient healthy & happy.
Dr. Sue Mitra is board certified in international medicine. She is seen here with a Cologuard, which is a noninvasive colon cancer screening test. (Photo by: Tim Shortt/Florida Today)